Difference between Audio and Video EOS

killerrats koreysjunkmail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:19:56 UTC 2016

I have written a plugin copied and modified the filesink to just overwrite a
file and then I return EOS.

I have successfully returned GST_FLOW_EOS but there is a difference between
audio and video or combined both.

if I just do video works great but when I do audio it doesn't eos at all.

both audio and video:
The pipeline doesn't stop properly all the time. I think it only stops
properly all the time because of it is writing the video data.

this buffering comes from the gst_overwritef_render() function. the last
thing I see is where it will cout --render--------EOS------- which have in
the function gst_overwritef_render() to see if it returns gst_flow_eos.

The following are the files for the plugin that I use. Writing to the file
is in its own .c and .h file because then I can keep the Write() function to
work. it is in the writeToFile.h and writeToFile.c.

gstelements_privateCustom.cpp
<http://www.planetkorey.com/tmp/gstelements_privateCustom.cpp>
gstelements_privateCustom.h
<http://www.planetkorey.com/tmp/gstelements_privateCustom.h>