Error:(8, 21) error: package com.gstreamer does not exist in Android Studio for tutorial-1

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Sep 7 06:42:03 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 21:50 -0500, Greg Marsh wrote:
> I'm trying to run Android tutorial 1 in Android Studio, but get
> error com.gstreamer does not exist. I did run another ndk test
> project, and set the GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_ANDROID path variable to the
> download directory.

This sounds like you're using the "SDK" and tutorials from
gstreamer.com. That website is completely outdated and unrelated to the
GStreamer project.

You can find new versions from the GStreamer project here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.8.3/

And the tutorials ported to the latest version here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/