Segment for video and audio decoder

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Sep 7 06:47:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 00:24 -0700, Majaja wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I found that if I set segment to audio & video decoder, they behave
> differently.
>
> For example, if the segment start = 5 seconds and playback from the
> beginning.
>
> For video decoder = gstvideodecoder, the function
> gst_video_decoder_clip_and_push_buf () will drop the frames which are range
> from 0 to 5 seconds.
>
> But for audio decoder, it seems that all packets are passed down & dropped
> at sink.
>
> I am wondering why audio needs to do so. Why we do NOT just drop the packets
> at decoder as video?

These lines here in GstAudioDecoder should clip/drop the frames:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/gst-libs/gst/audio/gstaudiodecoder.c#n936

You'll have to debug inside that code to see why it doesn't do
anything.

What's the exact segment that is configured (all the values), and the
PTS/timestamp on the buffers getting there?