How to fill gaps when convert from pcap.

BogdanS bodyaf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:26:41 UTC 2016

Nicolas Dufresne-4 wrote
> Le jeudi 08 septembre 2016 à 02:41 -0700, BogdanS a écrit :
>> Hello.
>>
>> I make some streaming for example for 10 minutes and catch packets to
>> .pcap.
>> In the middle of the signal it was 3 minutes pause without packets.
>> Now, when I am doing convert from pcap to .avi, I have length of
>> video is 7
>> minutes. The same thing I have  with audio streaming.
>
> It would be a bit of a side effect, but you should be able to add the
> audiomixer (or compsitor for video) for this purpose. Let us know if
> that works for you.
>

>> Now a question, how I can make a video and audio 10 minutes length
>> after
>> convert?
>>
>> This is a pipeline for video for example
>>
>> *queue, pcapparse, rtph264depay, avdec_h264,  aspectratiocrop,
>> x264enc,
>> avimux, filesink*
>>

>> --

Quoted from:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-fill-gaps-when-convert-from-pcap-tp4679486p4679491.html

Here I have a .pcap with 30 sec of video.
Also in this .pcap I have audio that works 10yes-10no-10yes.

After I make this

*gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=1.pcap  ! pcapparse name=demux
dst-port=5010 ts-offset=1 ^
		! "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" 		^
		! rtph264depay ^
		! h264parse ^
		! queue ! mux.  demux dst-port=4010 ^
		! application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)8000,
encoding-name=(string)PCMA, channels=(int)1, payload=(int)16 ^
		! rtppcmadepay ^
	    ! queue ! mux. avimux name=mux ! filesink location=test9.avi*

I have .avi file in length of 30 sec. But audio works  20 sec as expected,
BUT it's a first 20 sec of video! That means it jumps!