Parser filter not going to playing state when connected to alsasink.

Randeep kumar.ran7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 05:02:14 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I wrote a parser plugin, and i connected this parser filter with my
transform filter and then to the alsasink. The problem is that the pipeline
is not going into the playing state even though the transform filter pad
pushes the buffer to the alsasink. Is there anything that i had to do in the
parser plugin to make the pipeline to Playing state ? The pipeline i used
is,

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location= input ! parser_plugin ! transform_plugin !
audioconvert ! alsasink

In my view the transform filter goes to playing first which notifies to the
parser plugin.

The main issue that i'm facing is the parser filter is going to playing
state only after the EOS is reached. So that i cannot hear any audio output
from alsasink. Can anyone please tell me what could be the reason behind
this ?

Regards,
Randeep