How to reduce virtual memory allocated by each GStreamer stream?

Linux - Junior Polegato linux at juniorpolegato.com.br
Fri Sep 9 20:43:56 UTC 2016

Hi!

         I need to put 32 RTSP/H264 streams in a Gtk window, but each
stream allocates about 200 MB of virtual memory and 30 MB of real memory.

         So, when allocated more then 3.5 GB the system falls with
messages like "Segmentation fault" ou "Can't allocate memory".

         If I open 2 windows with 16 streams each, about 3 GB allocated
each, it works fine.

         So, how can I reduce the allocated virtual memory?

         The code:
https://gist.github.com/JuniorPolegato/62d9d1a29a9438bc13a441cd54cb67a6

         Thanks.

--