lag/freeze in streaming H264 or RAW from udpsrc on Windows

manuk emmanuel.kertesz at free.fr
Fri Sep 9 21:20:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have some troubles to play stream from Windows gst-launch :

server side on ARM32 Ubuntu :
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc pattern=0 ! timeoverlay ! capsfilter
caps=video/x-raw, format=I420, color-matrix=hdtv, framerate=(fraction)25/1,
bpp=12, depth=8, width=1280, height=240 ! omxh264enc iframeinterval=25
insert-sps-pps=true ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.25
port=5100 sync=true

client Windows Seven :
=> gst-launch-1.0 -vvv udpsrc  port=5100  ! "application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video" !  rtph264depay   ! avdec_h264  ! autovideosink
sync=true         => freeze and lags appear
=> With VLC windows version, the stream is perfectly played without lag in
given a SDP file.

Note: the same client pipeline works perfectly on second Ubuntu pc (not the
same than server)

It seems there some troubles about the synchronisation, in my case I MUST
keep the sync property set to true on client side and server side.

I would like to know why it's work on Ubuntu OS and VLC from windows.
Is there are something to do about the synchronisation.
I have try many solution without success to reduce the lags : add latency
from rtpjitterbuffer or videorate.

Thanks for your helps!