Seeking not working with gstreamer built from sources

clement clement.platon at laposte.net
Mon Sep 12 16:18:10 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed gstreamer 1.8.3 from sources (I also have on my
system gstreamer v1.2 installed from packages). For now, I can compile and
link my application using gcc with the options :
-I/path-to-gstreamer-1.8/include/gstreamer-1.0
-I/path-to-gstreamer-1.8/lib/gstreamer-1.0/include ...
-L/path-to-gstreamer-1.8/lib/ -lgstreamer-1.0 ...
When I run the binary, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /path-to-gstreamer-1.8/lib/
(if I don't, my application will use the system gstreamer), and everything
works fine except the seek event. The same piece of code works with the
gstreamer from packages but not with the one I installed.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Clement