Disabling processing in filter elelements

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Sep 14 06:34:41 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-09-13 at 23:09 -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to disable filtering through some 'passthrough' property? I
> need to do it for videoscale element. I prefer dynamically changing the
> property than removing the element from the pipeline :)

Some elements have such a property, others not. In theory you could set
the passthrough setting of GstBaseTransform from the outside, but in
practice this will confuse elements and cause many problems.

A passthrough property on videoscale also does not seem to make any
sense (or on any converter). Those elements are already passthrough if
nothing has to be done. And if something has to be done, going into
passthrough instead would cause a negotiation error.