Undefined reference to methods in gstdiscoverer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Sep 19 13:51:48 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-09-19 at 06:41 -0700, silver wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to use gstdiscoverer to get information on Android. I included
> <gst/pbutils/pbutils.h> and did the same work as mentioned on
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+9%3A+Media+in
> formation+gathering.

Are you using the 0.10 versions from gstreamer.com? That's not
recommended for any new applications as it's completely unmaintained
since 3+ years, same goes for gstreamer.com in general.

You can get new versions from https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org

> But I got errors when compiling (version 1.8.1):
> jni/player.c:653: error: undefined reference to 'gst_discoverer_new'

You have to add gstreamer-pbutils-1.0 to GSTREAMER_DEPS