DCP Streaming

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:25:24 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I would like to stream a digital cinema package (DCP) via gstreamer to VLC
viewer.

DCP is a package containing compressed video (JPEG 2000), audio (WAV
containing uncompressed PCM)
and meta-data such as subtitles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Cinema_Initiatives

Currently, there is no open source player for DCPs.
So, my idea is to decompress and transcode the DCP to another format, then
stream to VLC for viewing.

I have some time to build a gstreamer DCP source : any advice on the best
way to go about designing this
would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, there is an open source library, asdcplib (
http://www.cinecert.com/asdcplib/) that can be used
to read the DCPs. It uses OpenSSL, but I have an (untested) port to work
with the nettle library.

Thanks,
Aaron