Using idintity plugin to tap images from a gstreamer pipeling into program

Timo Korthals tkorthals at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 23 15:44:16 UTC 2016

Dear dev's,

given a program "myApp" and any pipeline "someSrc ! identity name=xyz !
filesink location=anyfile.mp4".
I want to call my program such, that I can tap the images from the
pipeline given the identity name "xyz":
./myApp --pipeline="someSrc ! identity name=xyz ! filesink
location=anyfile.mp4"

I have an example for gstreamer0.10, but porting it to gstreamer1.0
seems not trivial to me.
Does anyone of you know a good starting example, so that I can go on
with my task?

Greetings,
Timo

--