gstplayer with rtsp stream reports widthxheight 0x0 in "video-dimensions-changed" event

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Sep 24 13:47:46 UTC 2016

On Fr, 2016-09-23 at 09:59 -0700, pedjaman wrote:
> Could you provide sample code you are using? The one which produces
> two
> events (0x0 and apropriate widthn and height)?
> Also which version of GStreamer? Is it 1.9.2?
> Trying to find out if I'm doing something wrong or it is somehwere in
> GStreamer

I was using gst-play from here:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/tree/playback/player/gst-play

And then added a signal handler for video-dimensions-changed, which
just printed the resolution. This is with GIT master, but nothing
changed in that regard since 1.9.2.

Does your stream start playing for you?