Change resolution on the fly

张若 zr92zr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 12:48:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have checked some relative information about changing resolution on the
fly in past gstreamer-delevel (the links is here):
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/dynamic-change-element-s-parameter-td2536123.html

What I want to do is using the camera to capture a relative high resolution
video, then change the resolution to a proper one before streaming while
udp/rtp.

I have done the part from camera capture and streaming like this:

imxv4l2videosrc -> capsfilter1 -> videoscale -> capsfilter2 ->
imxvpuenc_h264 -> h264parse -> rtph264pay -> udpsink

By this I can display the video with the resolution set in capsfilter2.

But I am not sure how to change the resolution at any time while the
pipeline is running (need the continuous real time camera capture video) by
resetting the capsfilter2?

Thanks in advance!