Pad Probe Callbacks

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 05:20:14 UTC 2016

Hi,
        I have a simple clarification regarding the probe callback.
Say that probe is added on the audio input-selector src pad with
GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE.
So when the ProbeCallback happens, will the entire pipeline be blocked that
is to say that there would not be any data flow either in the Audio part of
the pipeline as well no data flow in the video part of the pipeline also.
Or it is just the audio pipeline getting blocked and video part continues.

As far as I have understood it should stop the data flow in the entire
pipeline. As blocking only audio part of the pipeline may cause the video
synchronization issues with audio.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank You In Advance.