Set partial pixel to be transparent in video

Sean csosmo at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:46:23 UTC 2016

Hi, Peter,

Thanks for the detailed comment. I saw the GREEN pixel from from the encoded
test.ts file via a player. I also tried 4 possible offset (0, 1, 2, 3) of
the Alpha byte-position. The result is the same (GREEN pixel at at
(row,col)=(0,4), (0,8)...). It seems that the Alpha information is dropped
during x264enc and in your modified pipeline, the input format of x264enc is
I420, the Alpha information is lost as well. So, is there any way keep the
Alpha information after encoding?

I checked this link
(https://fossies.org/linux/gst-plugins-good/tests/check/elements/alpha.c).
The RGBA format is the same as you mentioned. But I tried 4 possible Alpha
offset, no one works. Thanks a lot.