passing GstBuffer with GstMeta information by audioresample and audiomixer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Sep 28 08:35:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 01:20 -0700, Maik Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have question related to passing GstBuffer with GstMeta information
> downstream.
> I see that my custom GstMeta information not passing audioresample
> (when inrate!=outrate) and not passing audiomixer at all.
>
> Should these elements pass GstMeta information in any case?

It depends on the type of meta. What kind of meta is it?

Generally, these elements would have to add support for passing through
meta. Which might involve adding specific transformations for what
these elements do (resampling, mixing with other streams) and you then
handling these in the GstMeta transformation function.

Also the tags on the meta API are relevant here, as based on that
elements are filtering if they can just copy over the meta or not. The
tags define to which "aspect" of the stream the meta applies, e.g. the
sample rate, number of channels, that it's audio (e.g. a audio->video
element like a visualizer would have to drop), etc.