Use of Queue in constructing Gstreamer Pipeline for Playback

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:24:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

        I have a question regarding the audio-queue and video-queue elements
in a gstreamer pipeline:

        For an audio video playback, when we create pipeline we have
"audio-queue" for audio part of the pipeline and "video-queue" for video
part of the pipeline.
1.  What If I want to remove "audio-queue" and have only "video-queue". Will
it affect the behavior or performance of the pipeline in any way?. If yes
then what are the cases?

I know that video-queue is required as we may need to buffer few frames
(Maybe the due to the decoding and display order).

But can we have case 1 valid for all times. If yes then we need not to
buffer for audio at all.

Thank You In Advance.