Gstreamer opened files leek.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:45:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le vendredi 30 septembre 2016 à 16:19 +0300, Krutskikh Ivan a écrit :
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm developing a video storage and streaming server for ip cameras
> based on gstreamer and python. It's multithreaded daemon which
> launches 2 threads for each cam ( recorder and streamer). Recently I
> found out that upon EOS or error gstreamer pipepeline leaves some
> orphaned opened sockets in the system. This is very painfull because
> I have to run 30-50 cams per server 24/7. I already raised all limits
> to maximum on my linux setup, but other libraries like asyncore are
> failing when opened file count > 1024.I tried changing my pipeline to
> the most simple one, but the problem persist. Maybe I fail to release
> the pipeline correctly? Here's the sample code

This could be a bug. I have followed you link, but this is just some
part of code. Ideally, just file a bug with a working example that
would let us reproduce.

  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

regards,
Nicolas

p.s. Note that setting NULL state is immediate, no need to poll/wait.