Use of Queue in constructing Gstreamer Pipeline for Playback

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:41:27 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian,

      Again thanks a lot for the quick reply.

My application is always going to do playback related operations. It may
never be used for any capturing purposes.
The pipeline looks very similar to the below:

                                                  -----> Audio
elements(except Audio Queue) ....... AudioSink
source --> typefind --> Demuxer ---
                                                  ----> Video elements (with
Video Queue) .......... VideoSink

So now with the above pipeline always is there a chance or slight
possibility that I may face issues later on.

>From my command gst-launch-1.0 testing it has worked out so far, but I have
not tested it for all possible cases (different audio, video and subtitle
codecs with following properties for: audio - sample rate, bit-rate,
channels. video - resolution, framerate, level and profile).

Since I am not sure of the consequences of removing audio-queue, because for
me it worked on command line as well as with the application. My application
creates exactly the same pipeline as mentioned in the above diagram (sort of
diagram).

Please can you mention cases where removing audio-queue may cause issues for
the above way of pipeline creation.

Thank You in Advance