Crop decoded data intensively

LC lienes.cirules at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:51:54 UTC 2017

Hello,

I need advise in such scenario.
I got rtspsrc stream mainly like this :

rtspsrc - > .... -> videocrop -> .... -> flvmux ->.... rtmpsink
alsasrc-> ...............-> faac ->............----^

Rtspsrc  fps=25/1.
And i need to change for my reason videocrop properties for every processed
frame - 25 times per second.
I need that to preserve correct timestamp  even if i change caps for
videocrop so that it does not affect other stream branches to synchronize on
sync.

As i had no experience on changing caps so intensively, maybe someone knows
what result i could get and what may occur. Do  i have to change stream
playing state to stop and that to play or i can change tham on a fly ? Is
there possible some choppy video playback ?

Any thoughts or advise is welcome!

Thanks in advance!