RTSP server pipeline for AAC?

noscgag noscgag at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 06:10:23 UTC 2017

I have been trying to figure out a pipeline for AAC audio for the GStreamer
RTSP server but have so far been unsuccessful. Using the test-launch tool I
have successfully created pipelines for both speex and Vorbis, but not AAC.

The speex and Vorbis pipelines that work for me are:

test-launch "( audiotestsrc ! speexenc ! rtpspeexpay name=pay0 )"
test-launch "( audiotestsrc ! vorbisenc quality=0.5 ! rtpvorbispay name=pay0
pt=97 )"

These both play fine with "gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test"

The AAC pipelines I've tried are:

test-launch "( audiotestsrc ! avenc_aac ! rtpmp4apay name=pay0 )"
test-launch "( audiotestsrc ! avenc_aac ! rtpmp4gpay name=pay0 )"

When trying to play with the "rtpmp4apay" payloader playbin doesn't
complain, but no sound comes out. When I use the "rtpmp4gpay" payloader
playbin says:

ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source: Could
not read from resource.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(5610): gst_rtspsrc_send ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source:
Got error response: 503 (Service Unavailable).
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

I have searched the Internet and this forum but have not found someone else
who has posted a solution to this particular problem.