How to save file from filesink in dynamic pipeline

Edgar Thier edgar.thier at theimagingsource.com
Mon Apr 10 04:05:25 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am trying to save a videofile while also displaying a livestream.
To do this I attach the filesink part of my pipeline, once I get the signal to start recording.

The complete pipeline looks like this:

srcbin -> capsfilter -> tee -> videoconvert -> queue -> appsink
                                         \
                                            -> queue -> videoconvert -> mpeg2enc -> filesink

The problem I now have is that the filesink seems to require an EOS event in order to
correctly store the file. My attempts at disconnecting and stopping the filesink branch
have only resulted in files with the size 0.

What is the correct way to disconnect the branch and correctly save the file?

Regards,

Edgar