splitmuxsink and timestamps

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macq.eu
Mon Apr 10 09:54:58 UTC 2017

Hello list

I work on a arm board running linux equipped with a camera sensor, and must
be able to produce on-demand video recordings from recent past events with
exact timestamps.  My board is synchronised using ntp and myv4l2 driver
produces UTC-time timestamps of each frame.  I plan to use 'splitmuxsink'
to record continuously the video stream split in small chunks, and I would
like the name of the produced file to include the (ntp) timestamp of the
first frame.  Is that possible using a gst-launch-based pipeline ?

If I need to enhance splitmuxsink to provide a "location" property based
on strftime, how could I access the ntp timestamp from the first frame ?

When "replaying" files to concatenate them and split them at the asked
timestamps, how can I retrieve the 'capture-time' timestamps of the original
frames ?

In the end the produced files must be h264-compressed, and for efficiency
and quality reasons I plan to use the same compression for the small chunks.
I plan to use mp4 container for the final files, but I have no problem using,
if needed, another container format for the small chunks.

TIA

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles