Building a video player that switches and seeks files.

David Ventura davidventura27 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 23:47:37 UTC 2017

Hi

I'm trying to build a pseudo video player that can read "arbitrary" (always
h264, aac) files and seek within them.
The point of the player is to keep going and to programatically change
between files.

Say I play file1 to 2:30, switch to file2 at 0:00 and after a while back to
file1 at 3:15 or something like that.

I got this working using uridecodebin and a single (!) stream. But when
trying to use qtdemux and switching between files I get:

    (python3:6841): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_unlink: assertion
'GST_PAD_IS_SRC (srcpad)' failed

I've adapted a script I found that was used with this purpose for music,
but clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Would you let me know what am I
messing up?

https://pastebin.com/FEtn8Xza

--
*Stack* is the new term for "I have no idea what I'm actually using".