how to pull buffer from two appsink from two different pipeline and pushing to audiomixer elemnt of a new pipeline using appsrc element

YogaV yogav2009 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 04:22:23 UTC 2017

Hi Arjen, Thanks for your reply. I didn't set up any timestamp for the
buffers that I am extracting from two appsink elements from two different
pipelines. I am extracting the buffers from registered appsink callback
functions and push that buffers as "sample" to appsrc(which is in another
pipeline call record pipeline) using function gst_app_src_push_sample.
during this I am not setting any timestamp details in samples. I came across
one Gstreamer-devel thread and saw the reply like below

a) use the same clock on both pipeline (gst_pipeline_use_clock())
b) set the same base time on both pipelines
(gst_element_set_base_time()) and set start time to GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE
(gst_element_set_start_time())
c) configure the latency correctly, that is: query the latency (with
the latency query) on the appsink once it is PLAYING, and configure
exactly those values on the corresponding appsrc as min/max latency.

Additionally you need to ensure that the segment event that comes out
of appsrc is the same as the one that went into appsink, but in your
pipeline that is most likely the case. But better double check and if
not you need to ensure that appsrc is producing the same segment event.

If you use a single, connected pipeline, GStreamer will ensure these
things by itself already. If you use multiple, you will need to do that
yourself.

Currently I am assigned to some other requirement. I will post my reply soon
after I tested this. Thanks again