I've completed re-writing GstBaseSrc to implement 2 src pads within

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Apr 13 07:39:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-04-12 at 19:29 -0700, caoxi wrote:
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4682641/ms_pipeline.png>
> Hey guys, I've completed my work on re-writing GstBaseSrc(and also
> GstPushSrc) class, in order to allow more source pads to output video data.
> please check flowchart above. In this case, I didn't use 'tee' element to do
> stream copy or any other element to mux the streams.
> The whole pipeline is:
> gst-launch-1.0 my-src-plugin name=t t.src ! queue !
> video/x-raw,format=YUY2,width=1280,height=720 ! videoconvert ! ximagesink
> t.video ! queue ! video/x-raw,format=YUY2,width=1920,height=1080 !
> videoconvert ! ximagesink
>
> this pipline will pop 2 preview windows with configured resolutions/formats
> on screen.
>
> This shows that GstBaseSrc is able to implement multi src pads withouth
> using any other elements
>
> I'll post more details about my design afterwards. Thanks!

That sounds great. Could you put this as a patch into Bugzilla for
further discussion?
  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

As this probably breaks API and ABI of basesrc/pushsrc, it probably
makes sense to call this GstBaseSrc2/GstPushSrc2 but they should
probably still be in gstreamer/libs/gst/base.