How to get from GstSdpMessage to a current pipeline?

oga oga at tw.de
Thu Apr 13 15:12:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm new to gstreamer and I'm a bit confused about the following:

I'm developing on the android platform and I want to start a video stream
from a SDP format (actually I don't need file, just code).
I read the Android tutorials from linking against the gstreamer library up
to creating a complete video player.
I also read the docs about gstsdpmessage and I've been able to create a
GstSdpMessage equal to my SDP below.

But from this point I don't know how to transform this GstSdpMessage into a
- I guess a GstElement - to build a pipeline. I think I need something
similar to gst_parse_launch("playbin", &error); but I guess with different
options.

Could you please show me, what I need to do to start a stream, starting my
already existing GstSdpMessage?

My SDP:

v=1
c=IN IP4 224.3.0.59
m=video 20002 RTP/AVP 99
a=rtpmap:99 H264/90000
a=fmtp:99 packetization-mode=1;proļ¬le-level-id=4358164

Cheers,
Oliver