questions upon the "unlock" and "unlock_stop" interfaces in GstBaseSrc class

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 18 09:28:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 02:02 -0700, caoxi wrote:
> I'm looking into these 2 interfaces for days, but I still don't get the
> rhythm.
> Per my understanding(so far), these 2 interfaces are used combined with
> "create" interface, that "unlock" will flush the stream and restart
> streaming, while "unlock_stop" will pause the streaming.
> Is my understanding correct?

They're conceptually like FLUSH_START/STOP. unlock() is supposed to
unlock/unblock the streaming thread as soon as possible (so that the
element can be shut down, etc). unlock_stop() is called afterwards once
the streaming thread is shut down and just signals the element that so
it can resume normal operation afterwards.