questions upon the "unlock" and "unlock_stop" interfaces in GstBaseSrc class

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 18 10:13:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 02:57 -0700, caoxi wrote:
> Got it, Thanks! so these 2 interfaces are better used in applications
> with UI above Gstreamer (like GTK), such as pause/play a video file.

They are not to be called from the application but used for ensuring
that e.g. flushing seeks happen as fast as possible and shutting down
of the element (going down to READY/NULL state) is as fast as possible.

> I was confused by their name at first, though... why not call them:
> flush_stream and resume_stream, that would be easier to
> understand(just my personal thoughts~~)

They don't necessarily flush anything, they just make sure that the
streaming thread is stopping as soon as possible.