How to connect gldownload to omxh264enc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Apr 19 11:45:33 UTC 2017

Le 18 avr. 2017 8:27 PM, "Adam Langley" <linux at irisdesign.co.nz> a écrit :

I'm running gstreamer 1.10 with openmax on a Raspberry Pi 3, and when I
attempt to use opengl to scale my incoming video, then resulting buffers
are RGBA, and they need to be I420 for omxh264enc.

When attempting to glvideoscale from RGBA to I420, I get the message
"Converting from RGBA to I420 requires functionality that the current
OpenGL setup does not support"

Is there a hardware accelerated way around this issue, or am I destined to
do software color conversion?

Maybe the encoder support EGL images ? If this is the case, you could try
that.

On an other note, you could try with Mesa GL driver, it implements more of
OpenGL.

P.s. in Raspbian, omxvideodec is patch to tunnel the omxvideodec
scaler/converter. Maybe the same hack could serve.

Thanks