low latency appsrc pipeline

Cyril Baletaud cyril.baletaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:10:05 UTC 2017

Hi Emmanuel

In Jiguiviou, i have 3 backends.

   - gstreamer CPU, xvimagesink in QWidget, works well but CPU expensive
   with high frame rate or big image.
   - gstreamer GPU, glimagesink in QWidget, very good for YUV video non
   planar, less CPU but does not support BAYER image
   - native opengl with QOpenGL class, not ready but very efficient, BAYER
   compatible (all color conversion with shaders)

>From GiGE camera to screen, latency is less than 80 ms . Mesured with
timestamp on overlay, camera filming the screen.