Question on usage of gst_deinit(), freeing of all allocated memory objects?

Fri Apr 21 05:20:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a question regarding gst_deinit().

In the docs

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-Gst.html#gst-deinit

it is mentioned

"This function is therefore mostly used by testsuites and other memory
profiling tools.

After this call GStreamer (including this method) should not be used
anymore."

Does gst_deinit() clean all previously allocated resources? So I get
back a clean environment?

When GStreamer it not allowed anymore after gst_deinit(), is it allowed
or forbidden to start a new "session" with gst_init()? How do testsuites
and memory profiling tools handle the case that previous testcase/action
could have messed around especially regarding memory allocation?

What comes in mind, what happens when I allocate an element (e.g. by
gst_element_factory), but don't attach it to anywhere, I must assure
that it does not get lost by my own. Ok newest gstreamer leak tracer can
help, so list of allocations exists, how is it handled especially free
of allocated objects?

Best regards,

Martin