Volumetric 3D video

Torkel Danielsson torkel.danielsson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 07:27:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

As far as I know, no.

I work with volumetric and 360 videos. What we do is have several options
for input, one of which is GSteamer. Then we do the internal processing in
a custom engine. And then the output is sent out as video, again one option
there is GStreamer.  There is no real standard yet for volumetric video so
we do output as s a flat video of 3D, equirect, some projection, depth map
(many choices). I suppose point cloud could be an option, but I think they
usually look awful.

There are some interesting developments in this field - jpeg pleno being
one thing I'm following and many companies are working on it e.g. Otoy. If
someone here has some more input on this, especially how GStreamer can be
used, it would be interesting to hear about it.

Best,
Torkel

---
Torkel Danielsson