shmsink/shmsrc adds colored band to output

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Apr 27 00:13:45 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 27 avril 2017 à 01:47 +0530, Mandar Joshi a écrit :
> The problem only occurs when I use shmsink/shmsrc. Directly decoding
> the video stream coming from the camera and displaying it using
> xvimagesink doesn't produce the colored band.

That bring us closer to the issue I have mention earlier. One would
need to have a look at the GstBuffer produced by vaapidecode, and check
 if there is a GstVideoMeta being set (even though shmsrc/sink does not
support that). If that is the case, it means we need to add a buffer
copy in vaapidecode for that specific case. It will kill the
performance of course, but provide correct output.

regards,
Nicolas