Error while sending UDP packet using udpsink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Aug 2 14:56:06 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 02 août 2017 à 17:14 +0300, Sebastian Dröge a écrit :
> On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 01:50 -0700, Raya wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using the following pipeline to stream video:
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 -vvv  filesrc location=test.h264  ! h264parse !
> > video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream,alignment=nal ! udpsink
> > host=127.0.0.1 port=5000
> > [...]
> > 0:00:07.117305298  7926      0x2429a80 WARN            multiudpsink
> > gstmultiudpsink.c:715:gst_multiudpsink_send_messages:<udpsink0>
> > warning:
> > Attempting to send a UDP packets larger than maximum size (67278 >
> > 65507)
> >

> > Is there a gst element that I can use to fix the error without
> > using
> > RTP playloaders?
>
> Why don't you want to use RTP payloaders?
>

> A solution without would be to ensure that no NAL is bigger than 64k
> (you ideally want no bigger than 1500 bytes!), by changing the
> encoder
> settings accordingly and having h264parse really put one NAL per
> buffer. alignment=nal only means that it's one or more NALs.

Same opinion on my side. Note that it's always possible to hack this up
using rndbuffersize element.

  ... ! rndbuffersize min=1500 max=1500 ! udpsink

It's not elegant, but no worst then avoiding payloads. You'll need a
parser to reassemble and frame the stream on the other side. Note that
even if h264parse was splitting 1 NAL per GstBuffer, there is no
guaranty that a NAL is smaller then the 64kb limit.

regards,
Nicolas