is it allowed to change updsink host property dynamically without stopping pipeline?

Wed Aug 2 16:17:10 UTC 2017

Il 02/08/2017 17:56, alcosar ha scritto:
> Yes, I tried it.It seems to be working.
> Though it is not a prove that it is legitimate, and it has not concurrency
> issues.

I think it is thread safe, |please take a look here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/gst/udp/gstudpsink.c#n167

the actual client is removed using |gst_multiudpsink_remove and the new
client is added using ||gst_multiudpsink_add,||

both this methods are thread safe (note lock = TRUE passed
to||gst_multiudpsink_add_internal||)|

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/gst/udp/gstmultiudpsink.c#n1669
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/gst/udp/gstmultiudpsink.c#n1675

for audio only stream you need no additional steps, if you add video you
need to ensure that the new host receive a keyframe as first packet (it
will be unable to display video until the first keyframe anyway)

Nicola