GStreamer record video with audio on Raspberry Pi

hongyuanlu hongyuanlu at outlook.com
Wed Aug 2 16:21:03 UTC 2017

The recent work I am doing is to find a way to record video with audio using
GStreamer on RPi. The following command worked with filesink using GStreamer
1.4, but after I update to 1.10.5 to use splitmuxsink, the following command
does not work any more and throws syntax error.

    pi at raspberrypi:~ $ sudo raspivid -t 9999999 -h 720 -w 1280 -fps 60
    -rot 180 -b 2000000 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -ve fdsrc num-buffers=-1 !
     video/x-h264,width=1280,height=720,framerate=60/1 ! h264parse ! queue
     ! mpegtsmux0. alsasrc device=hw:1,0 ! audioconvert ! avenc_aac !
    aacparse ! queue ! mpegtsmux0. ! splitmuxsink location=video%02d.mp4
    max-size-time=10000000000 max-size-bytes=10000000 muxer= mpegtsmux
    WARNING: erroneous pipeline: syntax error

I am looking for any alternatives or changes to make this work, and
hopefully it could bring others merits since Raspbian default Gstreamer is
1.4 and if you run those scripts online to install new Gstreamer, you might
probably encounter the same problem if you want to use splitmuxsink on RPi.

Thank you in advance.