vaapih264enc and change bitrate

Matteo Valdina matteo.valdina at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 01:06:35 UTC 2017

Thanks,
I will open a bug and try to see what I can provide as a patch.

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Víctor Jáquez <vjaquez at igalia.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 at 08:45, Matteo Valdina wrote:
> > Hi y'all,
> >
> > I'm trying to use vaapih264enc and change the bitrate during the
> encoding.
> >
> > I see from the source code and test that bitrate property is ignored
> after
> > the encoding begins.
>
> That's correct, right now the bitrate is only set when the encoding starts
> and
> the vaapi engine is stopped end re-configured.
>
> > I would like to know if there is any patch/ongoing work to add this
> feature
> > in the vaapi encoder?
>
> No, there is no any work in progress in that regard right now. You could
> file a
> bug in bugzilla for it. I would be better yet if you could propose a patch.
>
> > Is it feasible as per current source code implementation of vaapih264enc.
> >
> > The only way to obtain this behavior is to stop and re-start the
> > vaapih264enc?
>
> Yes.
>
> vmjl

“There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is
to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first
method is far more difficult.”
- Tony Hoare