Playbins for some codecs

Michael Smith michaelsmith201708 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:50:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm sending an audio in a RTP streaming using gst-launch and I need to encode it with some codecs.

I was able to do it with opus:

gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample  ! opusenc ! rtpopuspay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.147 port=5001 )

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5001 caps="application/x-rtp" ! rtpopusdepay ! opusdec ! alsasink

And G711:

gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample  ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.147 port=5001

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5001 caps="application/x-rtp" ! rtppcmadepay ! alawdec ! alsasink

Now I also need to do it with these codecs:

G722

MP3

MPEG1/2

MPEG4

MPEG2/4

PCM

I found in the plugins list that gstreamer has the plugins for all of these codecs. But how can I find the right playbins for each one of them? Is there a documentation of how to change the playbins or a list of playbins for these codecs?

Any tip will be very helpful,

Thanks