mix two audio streams

Farzan Shojaee shojaee at partodadeh.com
Wed Aug 16 06:40:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Try with audiomixer start-time-selection=1 and see if that fixes your issue.

It has no effect. It doesn't work yet!!

I found that when I config to receive two audio streams, no sound heard when one of these two audio sources is inactive, but when both of them are streaming the audio, then something that is a cutted-sound heard from headphone, and incoming streams are so corrupted. I have used the following command :

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc name='src1' caps="application/x-rtp" port=5002 ! rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! mix. udpsrc name='src2' caps="application/x-rtp" port=5001 ! rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! mix. audiomixer name=mix start-time-selection=1 ! alsasink device=hw:0,0

as I understand from the debugging messages (verbose), the audio mixer source port won't connect to Alsa, when one of the audio streams be inactive. It would be connect when both of audio sources are streaming. The following message appear when both audio streams become available :

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAudioMixer:mix.GstPad:src: caps = "audio/x-raw\,\ format\=\(string\)S16LE\,\ layout\=\(string\)interleaved\,\ rate\=\(int\)8000\,\ channels\=\(int\)1"

The surprising note is that it works perfectly on windows with the same command format. But it doesn't work on my linux device.

gstreamer-devel mailing list
gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org