AW: Connect two separate pipelines (not at the same time) to same HDMI output?

Maurer, Martin martin2.maurer at zeiss.com
Tue Aug 22 14:47:22 UTC 2017

Hello Baby Octopus,

first many thanks for your answer!

Can you confirm you meant output-selector? Not input-selector?

I have two outputs which I want to fill into one monitor.
So in my first thought input-selector would be the right one.

But also using two output-selector, one for each pipeline would be an idea.
Switch between HDMI monitor and fakesink.

output-selector
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-output-selector.html
does have the following pads:
active-pad
pad-negotiation-mode
resend-latest

input-selector
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-input-selector.html
does have the following pads:
active-pad
cache-buffers
n-pads
sync-mode
sync-streams

But there is no parameter async in both of them? Do you mean one of sync-mode or sync-streams?

Best regards,

Martin