Imagefreeze fails when connected to input-selector

aisamail aismail at syncroness.com
Wed Aug 23 23:31:41 UTC 2017

Currently I have put together a very simple pipeline. It is roughly the
following:

videotestsrc----------------------->
                                                  input-selector->videosink
filesrc->jpegdec0->imagefreeze->

When I attempt to switch the sink pads on the input-selector, the
application seg faults. However, if I change the filesrc to a videotestsrc,
I am able to switch the videos(though there is sometimes a seg fault).

//Setting up the pipeline
gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN(pipeline), video_test, imgsrc ,jpegdec0,
video_switch, video_output, NULL);
  if (
     !gst_element_link(imgsrc, jpegdec0,  video_switch) ||
     !gst_element_link(video_test, video_switch) ||
     !gst_element_link(video_switch, video_output)
    )

My pipeline is very basic, however, I am not getting the correct behavior. I
have turned on the debugger and found no errors with any of the elements. I
have also gone through all of the threads regarding this issue. Some have
mentioned that input-selector does not handle non-live content, however, I
have seen others successfully attempt this. Is this the case?