Gstreamer pipeline through OpenCV for H264 encoded video file

simo zz simon.zz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 09:58:04 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am working on an IP application working with OpenCV and I need to generate an H264 encoded videos.OpenCV uses GStramer to for this task, initializing the OpenCV VideoWriter object with a GStramer pipeline. In turns it should passthe frames GStramer which should write the video..

The actual pipeline I am using for this task:
"appsrc ! autovideoconvert ! v4l2video1h264enc extra-controls=\"encode,h264_level=10,h264_profile=4,frame_level_rate_control_enable=1,video_bitrate=2000000\" ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 ! filesink location=file.pm4"

But it's neither generating the video. I tried many pipelines without successful results..What is the correct pipeline I must use ?
Thank you in advance,Regards,Simon