GStreamer and Rust

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 30 13:36:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-30 at 13:50 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> OK, so I am delving into trying Rust to create a GTK+/GStreamer
> application. Clearly this is totally bleeding edge as from what I can
> see all the Rust GTK+ examples are from the wrong era of GTK+. Oh
> well.

Apart from not using GtkApplication, there should be nothing wrong with
them. And there are many examples using GtkApplication too :)

What makes you think they are otherwise from the wrong era?

> Has anyone got any examples of using GStreamer MPEG-TS in Rust that I
> can steal^H^H^H^H^Hborrow (sic) ideas from?

What exactly are you looking for? Using the GStreamer MPEG-TS library
API? There are no bindings for that library yet. So far I only have
basically all of GStreamer core, app and player, and important parts of
the video and audio libraries here:
  https://github.com/sdroege/gstreamer-rs

If you need bindings for the MPEG-TS library, someone will have to
write/autogenerate them first :) I'm not going to do that anytime soon,
there are too many other things on my todo list that are more
interesting/important for me. I'd be happy to accept a pull request for
that though.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com