gst_glsl_stage_new_default_fragment returns NULL

Eric Marks bigmarkslp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:31:54 UTC 2017

You will probably want to make sure you are running the new Stretch release
of Raspbian with the full OpenGL 2 driver (Fake KMS) with gstreamer 1.10.

glimagesink didn't seem to work very well in Jessie, which only comes with
gstreamer 1.4

The client-draw callback did work for me with this example in Stretch with
gstreamer 1.10 and the fake KMS driver with this example, but I found it to
be too slow for my application on the Pi:
https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-bad/blob/master/tests/examples/gl/generic/cube/main.cpp

After much tinkering, I figured out how to use glfilterapp which was much
faster, and may be an option for you.
https://github.com/Swap-File/gst-context-share/tree/master