Problem with etnaviv and gstreamer 1.0

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Dec 5 21:42:24 UTC 2017

Le mardi 05 décembre 2017 à 19:39 +0000, Luís Mendes a écrit :
> If the same approach is followed for each specific VPU unit, we will
> have proliferation of code and effort replication to support each
> specific VPU unit, instead of using a standard API.
> I am not very acquainted with gstreamer... but I do know gstreamer is
> complex, is versatile and can perform complex manipulation on
> streams,
> but AFAIK is not yet a "de-facto standard" and is not exactly a
> replacement of VAAPI or VAAPI.
> If you happen to have suggestions for alternatives, or if I'm wrong,
> please provide your opinion.

Just in case, I want this conversation to be useful after all. The
driver I'm referring to is the mainline one, maintain by Philip Zabel
from Pengutronix:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/media/platform/coda

There exist staging drivers for the scaler and blitters, but I don't
know were they are maintained. There is also a staging driver for
the video capture driver and ISP. All this is implementing standard
V4L2 APIs which connect well together. V4L2 framework profile DMABuf
support, which should cover the bridging with the GPU side / Mesa.

regards,
Nicolas