Raspberry - gst-rtsp-server

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 6 18:06:21 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I found your article about GST-RTSP-SERVER
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/RTSP-server-problems-with-uvch264src-H-W-encoded-H-264-output-td4659582.html
which is very useful as I am trying to create the same on Raspberry Pi
slightly different way and I would like to kindly ask anyone of you for a
help.
Actually,I have this pipeline for server:
./examples/test-launch "( v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert !  x264enc !
rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

And this for client:
gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location="rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test" latency=0 !
rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

I also tried adding h264parse element, but seems have no influence.
The server starts and while connecting to it with client, it lights up
camera LED diode, but the client finishes yielding following error message
simultaneously switching off the camera LED diode:

Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Progress: (open) Opening Stream
Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test
Progress: (open) Retrieving server options
Progress: (open) Retrieving media info
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(5637): gst_rtspsrc_send ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
Got error response: 503 (Service Unavailable).
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Exactly the same pipelines work on Ubuntu 14.04. Gst-rtsp-Server version
1.4, I also tried version 1.2, with no luck.
Actually this guy here is using another approach bypassing v4l2src element,
but I desprately need v4l2src.
https://www.stev.org/post/raspberrypisimplertspserver

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,