[RFC] provide a bin to GstRtspMediaFactory

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:33:36 UTC 2017

> > This element is created by gst_parse_launch_full with
> > GST_PARSE_FLAG_PLACE_IN_BIN.
> > Should I then modify grammar.tab.c to add my custom flag
> > GST_PARSE_FLAG_PLACE_IN_MY_BIN which would return a "MyBin" instead
> > of "GstBin" ?
>
> Don't use gst_parse_launch() but create the bin and other elements
> normally. There's no need to change any GStreamer code.

Fine. But rtsp-media-factory does not provide a way to get/set the bin
except with a "gst-launch" string.
So how do I create the bin and other elements ? Should I subclass the
rtsp-media-factory to create the bin ?

> > > A better approach might be to place the motion detector in front of the
> > > annotation element, so that it can be to information directly on its
> > > output buffers (GstMeta e.g.) and let the annotation element directly
> > > read it from there instead of having yet another way of communication.
> >
> > So then the motion detector would act as a passthrough with my custom
> > metadata ?
>
> Yes
>
> > > Alternatively you could also let the motion detection element know
> > > about the annotation element and have them communicate via direct
> > > function calls.
> >
> > Yes but I would need to implement my own inter-thread communication
>
> No, you can just do normal function calls. And as usual with threads,
> you have to make sure your code is thread-safe. The messages wouldn't
> help with that either.

ok.

*Eloi Bail*

7844 rue Saint André* | *Montréal *|* QC *|* Canada *|* H2R 2R3 *|*

t. 514.578.6133