Raspberry - gst-rtsp-server

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 11 19:51:30 UTC 2017

Dear sir,

Thank you for your kind reply.
Actually, I am able to run pipelines with omxh264enc,  utilizing hardware
CPU core I did not examine much deeper, but I assumed using raspberry suited
omxh264enc codec:
in Raspbian:
gstreamer1.0-omx-rpi				install
gstreamer1.0-omx-rpi-config			install

I enable GPU hardware accelerated H264 encoding.
I can also run gst-launch-1.0 pipelines which are using omxh264enc without
any problems, but I encountered a problem while using almost the same
pipepine (I described working gst-launch-1.0 pipelines in previous posts)
within one example (test-launch) packed with  gst-rtsp-server-1.0 library
which is based on top of Gstreamer libraries, it is called gst-launch and is
able to accept general gstreamer pipelines, it works perfectly with x264enc,
but when using omxh264enc within the same pipeline for test-launch example,
the server client yields an error (but server looks like nothing happened,
only light of camera starts and then stops therefore I guess it starts for
some time, but stopps almost immediately):

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Progress: (open) Opening Stream
Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test
Progress: (open) Retrieving server options
Progress: (open) Retrieving media info
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(4994): gst_rtspsrc_try_send ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
Could not receive message. (Timeout while waiting for server response)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I narrowed down the problem that I swap omxh264enc to x264enc it works
therefore basically, I guess it is the same problem you have that it crashes
the pipeline, but I have to confirm this assumption once I debug the
gst-rtsp-server library and track down this line:
element = gst_parse_launch (priv->launch, &error); I hope this is the key
line in pipeline construction,  but probably considering that the light of
camera starts and stops therefore I guess the pipeline was started.
BUT anyway it does not make any sense for me why just changing codec could
cause such a dramatic change, but currently, it's just a blackbox to me.